Today’s Fun Monday is hosted by the lovely lady of Tiggerlane who wants us to list 5 things that we want to do before we die. Is it really fun if it includes the word “die” in it? How ’bout just ask, “If you are on your death bed, dying of a woeful mix of scabies and scurvy and small pox and consumption and leprosy, all while enduring a painful case of gout (I just love “old fashioned” disease names) what things would you regret having not done? Just kidding. It actually is a really cool Fun Monday question. That’s the only reason I joined in! Good idea Tiggerlane!
So, here follows my list and though I have numbered them, they are in no particular order… besides that they are ordered numerically.
- I would like to take pictures of people as a means of making money.
- I would very much like to live to meet my Great Grandchildren.
- I would like to pay off the mortgage.
- I would like to buy a Mini Cooper.
- I would like to stay married to The Pastor until I am 90 and he is 95. Or longer. (I have promised him that he can smoke a pipe and get a motorcycle when he turns 95 so he has some motivation for living that long.)
- I would like to become a labor/delivery support person/ coach or doula… maybe for young unwed mothers.
- I would like to make a quilt.
- I would like to stop being afraid of flying.
- I would then like to fly to Ireland, Greece, Italy… okay all of Europe with our whole family when the boys are teenagers.
- I would like to play on a co-ed indoor soccer team for old fogies who can’t really play but like to think they can, with The Pastor again.
- I would like to learn patience… without having to learn it on others through failure. (Wishful thinking…)
- I would like to become organized. Really and truly organized.
- I would like to meet Hugh Laurie.
- I would like to publish a book (a book that I’ve already mostly written but haven’t looked at in over a year.)
- I would like to see all my boys happily married to wonderful godly women who challenge them and complement them at the same time.
- I would like to feel really ready to die when I am almost there… no matter when that is.
Okay. I think that’s it. For now anyways.